Title Order Form
or click here for RESWARE LOGIN
If you want to get top dollar for your home, it has to look its best.
When potential buyers first lay eyes on your house, curb appeal can help make the sale. Sprucing up the outside of your property and transforming it into a sought-after abode doesn’t have to cost a fortune. With some ingenuity and a little elbow grease, your residence can become the envy of the neighborhood.
Whether you’re planning to sell or just want to improve your home’s outward appearance, here are a dozen low-cost tricks for enhancing its wow factor.
- Maintain your yard. A lush, well-manicured lawn can instantly improve a home’s attractiveness. Make your yard look its best by keeping the grass neatly trimmed and fertilized, removing weeds, and getting rid of any debris.
- Focus on your entryway. As the focal point of your home, the entryway must be clean, fresh, and welcoming. Put some new paint on the door and update the hardware. The solid feel and fresh look of a new door handle, deadbolt, knocker, and doorbell won’t go unnoticed. Place potted plants in pretty containers on the front porch to add dimension and charm.
- Add a wreath. Give your place a welcoming, homey feel by adding an attractive wreath to the front door. Grapevine wreaths are a good choice for fall, while fresh pine branches are always a go-to for the winter season. Choose something fresh and green for warmer months, such as eucalyptus or lavender.
- Rely on the power of landscaping. Lush foliage and beautiful blooms are captivating. Update your planter beds with an array of colorful flowers and plants. Choose vibrant seasonal plantings that are appropriate for the region and that suit the scale of your home. Just be sure to water and tend to them on a regular basis—a gloomy pot full of dead flowers isn’t going to impress anyone.
- Keep the shrubbery low. Tall, window-obscuring hedges and bushes make a property appear overgrown and unkempt. Show off the front of your abode by giving the shrubbery a good trim.
- Give your mailbox a makeover. Since they’re right out front and often display the house number, mailboxes get noticed. If your box is rusty, damaged, or has seen better days, it’s time for an update. You don’t necessarily have to replace the entire fixture. If the post is sturdy and attractive, just replace the box itself.
- Plan on power washing. You may not even notice the grime, mold, and algae covering the outside of your house but visitors and potential buyers will. If you don’t want to paint, rent a pressure washer or hire a professional power washing company. These robust cleaning tools can quickly remove dirt from the roof, gutters, siding, driveway, walkway, patio, and deck so they sparkle like new.
- Update your lighting. Are you still rocking tarnished old brass sconces or a dingy, cobweb-laden porch light? Make a trip to the lighting store and pick out some chic new fixtures that will give your front entrance pizazz and appeal.
- Get some welcoming porch seating. Place charming wooden rockers or attractive metal chairs on the front porch. Setting a cozy vibe indicates to potential buyers that your neighborhood is friendly and hospitable.
- Spruce up your driveway. Visitors to your home won’t be impressed if they roll up to a cracked, unkempt drive. Spruce it up by pulling the weeds, filling any cracks, and investing in a good power washing.
- Don’t overlook your garage doors. If your garage doors have seen better days, simply adding some new hardware like faux hinges and handles can improve their appearance. To make the biggest impact, install new doors with impressive architectural details that complement your home’s exterior.
- Enhance your outdoor lighting. Brightening the outside of your property is easier than ever with handsome LED options that run with solar power. Think string lights along the top of the porch, post lights to highlight walkways and natural areas, and a security light or two for added safety.
You’ll be surprised at what a difference these inexpensive improvements can make to the curb appeal of your home.
Looking for more inspiration? The professionals at Certified Title are here to help. Please reach out to us anytime.
About Certified Title Corporation: Since 1994, attorney-owned Certified Title Corporation has been furnishing residential and commercial real estate stakeholders across the nation with robust title insurance, settlement, and escrow services. Renowned for industry-leading reliability and an exemplary level of service and quality, the Maryland-based company helps clients from all walks of life achieve their asset goals. To learn more, call (888)486-5511 or visit https://www.certifiedtitlecorp.com/.
REAL TIME TRACKING OF TITLE PROCESS
Secure Online Ordering System, Schedule Closings 24/7, Electronic Communication System, Verify Loans are Closed and Funded
Print Title Insurance Binders, Preliminary and Final HUDs, Signed Closing Documents and Archived Documents
NATIONAL GOOD FAITH ESTIMATOR
Accurately calculate Title Insurance and Recording Fees for Every State. Login to access the GFE Estimator.