Title Order Form
Our homes provide much more than just a roof over our heads. They took on a new level of importance during a pandemic that left us all feeling fragile and unsettled.
But with everyone staying home more than ever before, finding that veritable place of calm has been hard, even in our own houses. Is it any wonder that there’s a growing demand for more residential privacy and space?
These patches of heaven may be borne from a little-used bedroom, a loft over the garage, or even a gardening shed in the backyard. They have become sought-after spaces among potential buyers, adding significant value to homes, particularly amid the realization that privacy is hard to come by.
However large or small your home and yard are, there are always options for re-claiming some privacy and space to make it your own.
Many times you can find it by converting, replacing, or integrating existing structures on your property. If you’re into DIY projects for instance, an ordinary storage shed can easily be transformed into an amazing refuge with just a few creative touches. Turn that unused room in your finished basement into the ultimate man cave and media room, complete with a big screen TV and surround sound. Once you’ve identified the place that you will claim for your own, let your imagination run wild.
Follow these seven interior design ideas for privacy and space that is both welcoming and comforting at home:
- Choose soothing colors that offer peace and relaxation. This could be anything from jewel tones to pastels, so give thought to what appealing for your walls, furniture, and accessories.
- Consider your personality. Unlike other rooms in the house where practical considerations have to be made during decorations, you are allowed to throw practicality out of the window when decorating your she shed or man cave. Most people base their décor on their hobbies. If you love photography, you might use printed images and photography paraphernalia to establish a theme. If your passion is flowers, you could fill your space with all kinds of potted plants and gardening books. Let your passions and personality direct the décor.
- What about the flooring? Particularly if you are renovating a garage or a shed, you have to remember that they are usually initially just shells. You will have to add flooring over concrete floors if you want to keep your space cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Sheds usually have plywood flooring, so you will want to add something there as well to keep the room insulated and to make it more visually appealing.
- Give thought to the lighting. If you’re going for more of a tranquil vibe, ambient lighting may be your best bet. If you plan to use this space as a workshop, you may need additional lighting that makes it easy to focus on the details of your projects.
- Remove the clutter. There’s nothing more disturbing than having to step around boxes, extra papers, or trash when you’re trying to unwind.
- Round out your personal oasis without the most comfortable furniture you can find. Choose some cozy lounge chairs or a plush sofa that integrates with your design theme and preferred style.
- Surround yourself with things that you treasure. Whether that means family photos, sports memorabilia, or knock-knacks, incorporate whatever brings you pleasure.
If you need additional resources or more inspiring design ideas for your personal space, the professionals at Certified Title are here to help. Please contact our experienced team today.
About Certified Title Corporation: Since 1994, attorney-owned Certified Title Corporation has been furnishing residential and commercial real estate stakeholders across the nation with robust title insurance, settlement, and escrow services. Renowned for their industry-leading reliability and exemplary level of service and quality, the Maryland-based company helps clients from all walks of life achieve their asset goals. To learn more, call (888)486-5511 or visit https://www.certifiedtitlecorp.com/.