Title Order Form
The year 2020 brought with it countless changes, including the way we utilize our homes.
It’s forced us to reflect on how we’ve been living in our residences, as well as to reimagine the aspects we’d like to alter. As we kick off the much-anticipated new year, many people are looking for inspiration and fresh home update ideas.
Here are six interior design trends the experts predict will loom large in 2021.
- Say hello to the multifunctional home. Our dwellings took on a much larger role in 2020. More than just a living space, we also now work, exercise, learn, and socialize in them. That means our homes must now operate in a versatile way, allowing our entire lives to unfold there. With spaces take on more flexibility and adaptability, multifunctional design is more appealing than ever. For example, having a kitchen area that can double as a functional place to prepare meals, conduct business, and entertain family and friends will continue to be a key requirement in many households.
- Make room for the dedicated home office. Before the pandemic, remote workers often set up their temporary workstations on the kitchen counter or in a corner of the family room. But with work-from-home scenarios evolving into long-term and even permanent situations, having a quiet space for a fully functioning home office has become a necessity. These dedicated spaces not only provide privacy, they also allow for a clear separation between working hours and family time. People are seeking ways to repurpose and the spaces that exist within their homes to find the room they need. As a result, home office concepts are undergoing a dose of added ingenuity, such as under the staircase or in an unused closet. Portable home office sets that can easily stow away are another popular trend. These kits generally consist of a mobile desk on casters, filing units on wheels, laptop storage with cable management, and other easily-stored features and accessories.
- Set the stage for virtual meetings. In many work-from-home households, Zoom conferences have largely replaced phone calls. That’s creating a demand for backdrops that are both attractive and professional. Some eye-catching artwork, a few pops of color, a vase of fresh flowers, and good lighting can easily create a stylish setting for online meetings. Interior designers say that people are also using their office shelving to display their personalities and interests during video calls. As a bonus, enhancements like these make the home office space more enjoyable to work in and may even boost productivity.
- Movable design features will be all the rage. Decorative screens are a popular, relatively inexpensive option that’s being used to break up open space and create smaller rooms within a larger one. Cleverly designed and placed, they can create layers of privacy without closing off the space completely. And because they come in an endless variety of materials and colors, these room dividers can even double as attractive home décor.
- Warm, earthy colors are the way to go. After the many challenges of 2020, people are seeking more comfort and coziness from their homes. Warm neutrals and rich earth tones are a top 2021 color trend that embodies those characteristics. Look for shades such as camel and fawn to take the place of grey. Warm hues found in nature, such as olive green and burnt orange, will continue to be popular. Paint and fabric with yellow or red undertones can be added to the palette to create a welcoming vibe.
- Expect a renewed focus on traditional furnishings. With all that extra time spent at home, people are seeking ways to add functional comfort and nostalgia to their space. Old-school vibes have been making a comeback and design experts say the trend will continue. Think overstuffed furniture, soft curves, and traditional styles, which provide a sense of comfort and support during times of uncertainty.
Home décor evolves, and this year, we can expect a return to all that feels comforting. For more inspiring design trends to transform your home into a castle, turn to the experienced professionals at Certified Title. Please reach out to us anytime.
About Certified Title Corporation: Since 1994, attorney-owned Certified Title Corporation has been furnishing residential and commercial real estate stakeholders across the nation with robust title insurance, settlement, and escrow services. Renowned for industry-leading reliability and an exemplary level of service and quality, the Maryland-based company helps clients from all walks of life achieve their asset goals. To learn more, call (888)486-5511 or visit https://www.certifiedtitlecorp.com/.