Title Order Form
The winter weather may be drab, but your house doesn’t have to be.
During the spring and summer, lush green lawns and cheerful blooms help to make every property look inviting. The colors may turn to vivid golds and crimson when fall arrives, but the undeniable beauty remains. In order to make your home’s exterior look its most appealing during the chilly winter months, it’s necessary to rely on some special tactics.
Here are seven easy ways you can increase your property’s winter curb appeal.
- Lighten up. The days are short during winter so finding alternative ways to brighten up your property should be a priority. Many real estate agents meet prospective clients after their workday ends, underscoring the importance of good outdoor lighting. This includes lights along your walkway, on the porch, in the garage, and behind your home. Make sure all of the lights are working properly and replace the bulbs for good measure. Landscape lighting can create a warm inviting glow and showcase your home’s best exterior assets. Use them to highlight unique architectural features or beautiful vegetation, for example.
- Keep your property free of debris. Remove any fallen limbs, piles of leaves, or other eyesores. Not only will it improve your home’s appearance, it will help to keep visitors safe as they examine your property. This holds true for snow and ice, as well. Make sure the driveway, walkways, and steps are shoveled and ice melt is applied.
- Create a welcoming front porch. Your front entryway sets the stage for what awaits on the inside. Consider sprucing up your front door with a fresh coat of paint in a shade that complements the rest of your home’s palette. Decorate it with a beautiful accent wreath for added charm. If any porch details are in disrepair, fix them immediately. Top it off with enticing lighting fixtures, gleaming door hardware, and a new doormat.
- Go for the green. Add evergreen shrubs such as arborvitae, cedars, boxwoods, holly, and junipers. They keep your yard looking beautiful throughout the winter months. Alternatively, you can add large colorful pots of evergreen shrubs on the porch or along the sidewalk.
- Replace your house numbers. Boost your property’s curb appeal with some striking new house numbers. Choose a statement-making design or go for a style that complements your home’s character. Make sure they can be easily read from the street.
- Showcase your outdoor living space. Do you have a gorgeous patio or spacious deck? Outdoor living spaces like these are on many buyers’ ‘must-have’ lists, so put them on display. Bring your furniture out of storage and set up the space as you would during the warmer months. Add colorful accessories such as cushions and hearty potted plants to bring the area to life. This will help prospective buyers to envision themselves enjoying your home’s outdoor amenities.
- Feed the birds. An attractive, well-appointed birdhouse can distract from a lifeless landscape. Add a coat of paint in a cheery red or vibrant yellow to bring a pop of color to a bland winter backdrop. This functional yard accent has the added benefit of providing refuge and refreshment to our feathered friends.
Present your residence as delightful to live in and easy to care for. Taking extra care to keep the exterior pristine and well-maintained will go a long way to helping buyers see your property in its best light.
By following these simple winter curb appeal tips, you’ll give your home irresistible appeal that’s sure to get noticed.
You only have one chance to make a great first impression. If you need more inspiring winter curb appeal ideas, the experienced professionals at Certified Title are here to help. Please reach out to us anytime.
About Certified Title Corporation: Since 1994, attorney-owned Certified Title Corporation has been furnishing residential and commercial real estate stakeholders across the nation with robust title insurance, settlement, and escrow services. Renowned for industry-leading reliability and an exemplary level of service and quality, the Maryland-based company helps clients from all walks of life achieve their asset goals. To learn more, call (888)486-5511 or visit https://www.certifiedtitlecorp.com/.