Title Order Form
Moving is an undoubtedly stressful life event. Aside from dealing with the many emotions of leaving your current home and the uncertainty of moving to a new one, there’s all that packing, loading, and unpacking. The last thing you need is more chaos! Follow these eight helpful pointers to make moving day a breeze:
- Start planning far in advance. While some things will need to be packed at the last minute, most of your items don’t. Avoid last-minute stress by preparing and packing ahead of time. Schedule disconnect times for cable, phone, and utilities at least a week prior to your moving day, and make sure the utilities in your new home will be turned on by the time you arrive. Don’t forget to reserve your rental truck or moving company well in advance, too.
- Create ‘giveaway’ boxes. As you pack, set aside some dedicated boxes for anything you come across that you don’t want to keep. Decide where each box will go, such as to family/friends, charity, or the consignment shop. Plan to deliver the boxes a week or more before you move.
- Bag hanging clothes. Go from one clothes rack to another with ease. Grab a black outdoor trash bag and gather your hanging clothes. Put a rubber band around the hanger necks for extra support. Once you get to your new home, simply hang up your clothes and remove the bag.
- Label each box. In large, easy-to-read print, note the contents of each box and its destination room. You’ll be amazed at much faster and easier it makes the task of unpacking.
- Mind your electronics. With all the gadgets and electronic devices in our lives, it’s easy to lose the cords that go along with them during a move. For each device, get a zip-lock bag and load it with the corresponding cords. Then tape the bag to the TV, stereo, etc. When you’re ready to set up your electronics in your new home, you’ll know exactly where everything is.
- Create a ‘first day’ box. Fill a box with the essentials you’ll need on the first day in your new home. Include toilet paper, paper towels, mugs, teabags, scissors, trash bags, paper plates, plasticware, cups, snacks, and perhaps a celebratory bottle of champagne. Mark the box with brightly colored tape so it doesn’t get lost among your other belongings. Keep it with you on the journey to your new home or make it the last item you put in the moving van.
- Secure your valuables. Personally transport heirlooms, important papers, legal documents (wills, passports. etc.), jewelry, and any other valuables.
- Make up your bed. As soon as your bed is set up, put on the sheets and pillowcases. When it gets late and you’re completely exhausted from all the tasks involved in moving, you’ll be able to peacefully crawl into bed and get some much-needed shut eye.
For more information on how to make your next move go smoothly check out our article “How to spot and avoid moving company scams.”
About Certified Title Corporation: Since 1994, attorney-owned Certified Title Corporation has been furnishing residential and commercial real estate stakeholders across the nation with robust title insurance, settlement, and escrow services. Renowned for their industry-leading reliability and exemplary level of service and quality, the Maryland-based company helps clients from all walks of life achieve their asset goals. To learn more, call (888)486-5511 or visit https://www.certifiedtitlecorp.com/.